|Revenue Mandal||Serilingampally (Mandal Code #6)|
|GHMC Circle Wise Delimitation Election Ward||West Zone, Serilingampally North, Circle-XII, Chanda Nagar, Ward-114, Miyapur Area-7|
|Lok Sabha Constituency||Chevella (Constituency #10)|
|Vidhan Sabha (or Legislative Assembly) Constituency||Serilingampally (Constituency #52)|
|• Type||Municipal Corporation|
|• Body||Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC)|
|Elevation||536 m (1,759 ft)|
|Population (23 June 2009)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5.30)|
|Postal Index Number (PIN)||500049|
|+Country Code-Area Code||+91-40|
Miyapur (English pronunciation: // MEE-yah-poor; Telugu: మియాపూర్), located 22.5 kilometres (14.0 mi) northwest of Hyderabad, is part of Greater Hyderabad and administered by GHMC and developed by HMDA. Transportation is managed by UMTA.
Miyapur has many lakes, upscale residential apartments, communities, schools and hospitals. It is developing into a major residential, educational, transportation and commercial hub. It is designated as a "high-rise" zone and the demand for real-estate has skyrocketed.
Miyapur is one of Hyderabad's busiest places at the head of the Miyapur - L. B. Nagar high-density traffic corridor. Industrial facilities include IT, pharmaceutical, apparel and industrial development areas. It is strategically located on NH9, the Pune-Hyderabad-Machilipatnam highway. Contributing to the growth are connectivity via the Miyapur-Gachibowli and Miyapur-Kompally intermediate ring roads, and developments like the Hyderabad Metro and ICBT.
- 1 Emergency Services
- 2 Government Establishments
- 3 History
- 4 Geography
- 5 Economy
- 6 Commercial
- 7 Landmarks
- 8 Development Projects
- 9 Miyapur Concerns
- 10 Infrastructure
- 11 Transit
- 12 Education
- 13 Geo locator
- 14 See also
- 15 References
- 16 External links
- Police Control Room : 100
- SMS : 9640 100 100
- Child Line : 1098
- Police Patrol : 9490 617 351
- Miyapur Police Station, Prashanth Nagar, Beside Electric Substation NH 9, Miyapur, Hyderabad.
- Miyapur Traffic Police Station, Miyapur Junction, Miyapur, Hyderabad.
- Cyberabad Traffic Police Commissionerate, Kukatpally division
Disaster Response and Fire Services
- Fire Control Room : 101
- Telangana State Disaster Response and Fire Services Department, 1st Floor, B. Block, B. R. K. R. Building, Tank Bund Road, Hyderabad
- Fire Station, Kukatpally
- Fire Station, Madhapur
- Fire Station, Near A.P.I.D.C., NH - 9, Patancheru
Medical Emergency and Ambulance
- Ambulance Services - Emergency Response Dial : 108
- Blood Banks
- Balanagar Blood Bank - Ferozeguda, 4-194/4, Beside B B R Hospital, Balanagar, Hyderabad-500042, Phone: +91 40-23774469
- Red Cross Blood Bank - 1-9-310, Vidya Nagar, Hyderabad. Phone: +91 40-27627973
- Clinics And Hospitals
- Electricity - Centralized Trouble Call Center For All Electricity Problems : 1912 or 155333, Power Outage, Fuse-Off Call (FOC) Office
- The Telangana Southern Power Distribution Company Limited, 6-1-50, TGSPDCL Corporate Office, Mint Compound, Hyderabad, 500063
- Integrated Customer Service Center (CSC), 1st Floor, O/o.DE/Operation/Kukatpally, Above E-seva, Near Rythu Bazar, III Phase, KPHB, Hyderabad
- RR North circle, Kukatpally division, Miyapur section (AAE/Op/Miyapur 9440813169 or 23044949)
- Hyderabad Metropolitan Water Supply & Sewerage Board
- Phone: 99899 95690, 99899 90824
- eSeva Miyapur
- Near Public School, eSeva Road, Miyapur
- RTO Hafeezpet
- Gachibowli Miyapur Rd, Bikshapathi Nagar, Hafeezpet, Hyderabad
- Kondapur Driving Test Facility
- Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL)
- Near SMR Metropolis, Miyapur
- Telephone Exchange, Chanda Nagar
- Telangana State Road Transport Corporation (TGSRTC)
- Bus Body Building Unit, Miyapur
- Blank Vehicle Number Plates Manufacturing Plant, Miyapur
- The National Highway Authority of India (NHAI), NH9, Miyapur
- Reach out to NHAI
- Ranga Reddy District, IX Metropolitan Magistrate, Court Complex, Miyapur
- Alwyn Colony 'X' Road, Miyapur, Hyderabad, Telangana, India
- Department Registrations & Stamps, for Miyapur
- Sub-Registrar Office, Ranga Reddy (R.O), Bhavaninagar, Moosapet, Balanagar
- Chief Electoral Officer's Office of Telangana
- There are 23 polling stations in Miyapur
- Miyapur Sub Post Office (Delivery) PIN 500049
- Near Allwyn-colony entrance-arch (behind Miyapur-Court-Complex), Opp. ICICI Bank, Gachibowli-Miyapur Rd., Miyapur
- Comes under ... Trimulgherry Head Office, Secunderabad Division, Hyderabad City Region, Telangana Circle
- Telangana Pollution Control Board (TGPCB), for Miyapur
- A-3, Prayauaraana Bhavan, Industrial Estate, Sanath Nagar, Moosapet, Hyderabad
Miyapur, a small village, close to Hyderabad, owes much of its ancient history, to the history of Hyderabad. Miyapur is now a part of Ranga Reddy (RR) district, previously known as 'Hyderabad (Rural)' district, which was formed on 15 August 1978, by carving out and deleting the twin cities of Hyderabad and Secunderabad, a few surrounding urban settlements that formed the urban core, of the erstwhile Indian state of Hyderabad and renamed as Ranga Reddy district after the Late Sri K. V. Ranga Reddy, then deputy chief minister of erstwhile united Andhra Pradesh.
Miyapur falls under the "tropical rainy climatic" group, more specifically a tropical wet and dry or savanna climate.
- Miyapur is now part of GHMC, west zone.
Agriculture was the predominant occupation, before the urbanization of Miyapur. The main crops were cotton, maize, sugar cane, ground nut, red gram etc. In addition Flori-culture, dairy, vegetable cultivation were being practiced by the farmers. Sand quarrying is also an occupation.
For sometime now, Miyapur is turning around, to be a more urban economy with people working in large corporates and moving away from agriculture.
Shops and malls offer stores, movie theaters and restaurants.
- Tresor - Is a furniture mall (previously, Khazana).
- DTDC Courier - The biggest and oldest branch of DTDC Courier.
- Fish Oasis - Shop no-15, Besides Sai Ranga Theater, Miyapur
- Sri Satya Bharathi Convention Center A/C & Marriage Hall, Gachibowli Miyapur Rd, Miyapur
- Naren Gardens, Miyapur - one stop solution for all outdoor events and a beautiful venue worth celebrating in.
- Domino's Pizza
- Sitara Grand Hotel, KPHB Colony, Kukatpally, Hyderabad
- Hotel Sadhvika
- CineTown (previosly, Talkie Town) - Movie theater, two screens, Krishna and Narsimha
- Sai Ranga - Movie theater
- Miyapur Cheruvu
- Miyapur Patel Cheruvu
- Gangaram Cheruvu
- Hafeezpet Cheruvu
- Madeenaguda Cheruvu
- Ameenpura Lake
- Miyapur 'X' Roads
- Kendriya Vihar
- JP Nagar
- HDFC Bank & ATM
- Bus Body Building Unit
- Andhra Bank
- Vikas, The Concept School
- Sriven Grand mall
- Allwyn Colony Junction
- Upcoming Projects
- On-Hold Projects
- Fire stations
- Air, water, noise and radiation pollution in Indian cities is a cause of great concern and Miyapur is no exception and the worst part is no one knows which are the culprit industries the polluting industries have been extremely clandestine in their polluting activities.
- Miyapur turns into a virtual gas chamber
- Trace Element Contamination in Ground Waters of Miyapur and Bollaram, Hyderabad, Telangana, India
- Groundwater Quality Assessment of Miyapur Area in Ranga Reddy District, Telangana, India
- Andhra Pradesh Pollution Control Board (APPCB) report.
- Hyderabad on BARC’s radiation radar
- Environment report slams Hyderabad
- Trees are reducing in great numbers.
- Depleting ground water table
- Polluting industries
- Quality of Roads
- Lack of storm water drains
- Overflowing drains and water logging
- Open manholes : Death traps
- Sudden troughs, uneven and bumpy road surface : Damage vehicles and causes back pains
- Shoddy repairs
- Traffic congestion
- No signboards or even barricades to warn motorists
- Land Grabbing
Beware of 'Durga Engineering Works (Iron Grills)' he takes money and never delivers the goods.
- The government, corporates and social workers have been doing a great job by playing an active role in the development of surrounding communities and pollution control.
- Erstwhile united Andhra government order to shift polluting industries from Hyderabad
- Arun Krishnamurthy, The man who's cleaning up India's dirty lakes
- Enforcing Road Sense
- Inter City Bus Terminal (ICBT), Survey Number 20, Miyapur (upcoming)
- Indian National Highways (NH)
- Intermediate Ring Roads (IMRR)
- Radial Roads (RR)
- Other Major Roads
- Inner Ring Road
- Nearest point : East : Punjagutta
- PVNR Elevated Expressway
- Nearest point : Southeast : Mehdipatnam
- Nehru Outer Ring Road
- Regional Ring Road
- Andhra Pradesh State Highways (APSH)
- Hyderabad Metro Rail (HMR) (upcoming)
- Miyapur Depot-I
- Miyapur Station
- Indian Railways
- City Rail - Multi-Modal Transport System (MMTS)
- Hafeezpet (HFZ) station is 2 kilometres (1.2 mi) south of Miyapur.
- Long Distance Rail - South Central Railway zone
- City Rail - Multi-Modal Transport System (MMTS)
- Rajiv Gandhi International Airport (IATA: HYD, ICAO: VOHS) is approximately 40 kilometres (25 mi) south of Miyapur.
- Begumpet Airport (IATA: BPM, ICAO: VOHY) is a joint civil and military airport. The biennial Indian Civil Aviation Airshow is held here. It is approximately 15 kilometres (9.3 mi) southeast of Miyapur.
Miyapur is well connected by road, rail and air and is becoming a hub for travelers within Hyderabad city.
- External Links
|Kendriya Vidyalaya||Gachibowli||CBSE||Central Government|
|Government Primary School||Miyapur||TSBSE||State Government|
|Ameenpur Govt School||Aminpur, Miyapur||TSBSE||State Government|
|St. Ann's High School||Madeenaguda, Chanda Nagar, Miyapur||TSBSE||Private|
|St. Ann's High School||Ramachandrapuram (BHEL Township)||Private|
|St. Arnold's High School||Ramachandrapuram (BHEL Township)||Private|
|Voxpop International School||Madeenaguda, Miyapur||CBSE & TSBSE||Private|
|Genesis International School||Miyapur||CBSE||Private|
|D.A.V. Public School||Kukatpally||CBSE||Private|
|Kennedy High - The Global School||Bachupally||CBSE & IGCSE||Private|
|Sentia The Global School||Miyapur||Private|
|Vikas - The Concept School||Bachupally||CBSE & TSBSE||Private|
|Lotus National School||Miyapur||CBSE||Private|
|Silver Oaks - The School of Hyderabad||Bachupally||CBSE||Private|
|Zenas International School||Miyapur||CBSE & TSBSE||Private|
|Fountainhead Global School||Miyapur||CBSE||Private|
|ATRI Public School||Nizampet Road, Kukatpally||Private|
|Gowtham model school||Chanda Nagar, Miyapur||TSBSE||Private|
|Marie Stella High School||Miyapur||Private|
|Sarada Vidya Mandir Fusion School||Miyapur||Private|
|Sree Rajadhani Residential School||Nizampet||LKG - X||CBSE||Private|
|Surya Academy - The Global School||Miyapur - Bachupally Road||CBSE||Private|
|St.Martin's High School||Miyapur||Private|
|Castle Town Public School||Miyapur||Private|
|Vignan Vidyalayam High School||Madeenaguda, Chanda Nagar||Private|
|MNR School Of Excellence||Miyapur||Private|
|Gautami Vidya Kshetra||Miyapur||LKG - X||CBSE & ICSE||Private|
|Ganges Valley School||Nizampet||LKG - VIII||CBSE||Private|
|Ravindra Bharathi School||Nizampet||LKG - X||Private|
|Sarvoday Vidya Niketan||Gangaram, Chanda Nagar||Private|
|NSV Concept School||Chanda Nagar||Private|
|Santca Maria International School||Serilingampally||IGCSE||Private|
|Maharshi Vidya Mandir||Kondapur||Private|
|Meridian School||Madhapur||LKG - X - XII||CBSE||Private|
- Colleges :
|Chaitanya Junior Girls Residential College||Miyapur||Private|
|Gokaraju Rangaraju Institute of Engineering & Technology||Bachupally||Private|
|Dr BV Raju Institute of technology||Bachupally||Private|
|JNTU College of Engineering||Kukatpally||Private|
|M.N.R Jr. College||Kukatpally||Private|
|Holy Cross Degree College for Women||Ramachandrapuram (BHEL Township)||Private|
- "Ten new revenue divisions created". The Hindu, Hyderabad. 4 April 2013.
- New Revenue Division
- "Telangana to go for polls on April 30; Seemandhra on May 7". The Hindu, Hyderabad. 5 March 2014.
- Population of Election Wards
- "Telangana district codes to be finalised". Deccan Chronicle, Hyderabad. 12 June 2014.
- "UMTA to be driving force for Hyderabad’s transportation master plan". The Hindu, Hyderabad. 16 June 2013.
- "Affordability: USP of Miyapur-Bachupally". PostNoon.com, Hyderabad. 12 April 2013.
- "Miyapur bolstered by booming realty". postnoon.com. 18 January 2012.
- Singh, T. Lalith (16 November 2011). "Rents hit a plateau". The Hindu, Hyderabad (Chennai, India).
- "Miyapur riding on connectivity & affordable values". Miyapur riding on connectivity & affordable values.
- "Despite Telangana stalemate, realty price on the rise again". The Times of India, Hyderabad. 6 November 2011.
- "Miyapur & Sainikpuri record increase in apartment values". The Times of India, Hyderabad. 12 April 2013.
- "PM to lay foundation stone for Hyderabad metro rail on Feb 4". The Hindu Business Line, Hyderabad. 23 January 2012.
- "Work on inter city bus terminal to begin soon". The Hindu, Hyderabad. 1 November 2012.
- "Greater Hyderabad Police Commissionerate". Hyderabad & Cyberabad police commissionerates to be merged.
- "About Directorate of Fire Services". APOnlineFire.
- "Land acquisition begins for new fire stations". The Hindu (Chennai, India). 7 June 2011.
- "AP fixes number plate cost". Deccan Chronicle, Hyderabad. 17 November 2011.
- "Reach out to NHAI". IBNLive.com. 8 January 2012.
- "Court complex in Miyapur lacks basic amenities". The Hindu, Hyderabad (Hyderabad, India). 24 February 2009.
- "District Census 2011". Census2011.co.in. 2011. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
- "Pollution Control Board notice to Dr Reddy’s Laboratories for polluting Hussainsagar". The Times of India, Hyderabad (Hyderabad, India). 16 November 2013.
- "Hyderabad lakes most polluted". The Times of India, Hyderabad (Hyderabad, India). 20 January 2014.
- "Lokayukta ultimatum on lakes’ encroachments". The Times of India, Hyderabad. 19 November 2011.
- "GHMC to secure 4 lakes around Hyderabad; will deal with encroachments". postnoon.com (Hyderabad, India). 21 February 2013.
- "Patel Cheruvu in for more trouble". The Times of India, Hyderabad. 23 May 2011.
- "Properties near metro stations can be turned commercial soon". The Times Of India, Hyderbad (Hyderabad, India). 31 December 2013.
- "Master plan for Hyderabad Metro Rail expansion". The New Indian Express, Hyderabad (Hyderabad, India). 3 July 2013.
- "More parks in the pipeline". IBNLive.Com (Hyderabad, India). 6 March 2012.
- "Special: Hyderabad third greenest city in India". Deccan Chronicle (Hyderabad, India). 12 June 2013.
- Development of Biodiversity park at Mayuri nagar colony, Circle No.XII, West Zone, GHMC
- "HMR agrees to allot land for dedicated fire stations at Uppal, Miyapur". The Hindu, Hyderabad (Hyderabad, India). 25 January 2012.
- "Bid Summary – Development of Inter City BusTerminal at Miyapur, Hyderabad on PPP basis" (PDF). HMDA, Hyderabad (Hyderabad, India). 16 May 2011.
- "Govt allots seven acres to health city". The Times Of India, Hyderabad. 10 September 2008.
- "City’s BRTS plan hits roadblock". The Times of India, Hyderabad. 2 February 2012.
- "Cyberabad fire station to be beefed up". The Times of India, Hyderabad (Hyderabad, India). 15 April 2006.
- "Fire stations inadequate". IBNLive. Com (Hyderabad, India). 26 March 2012.
- "Most buildings in Hyderabad are potential tinder boxes". postnoon.com (Hyderabad, India). 28 November 2012.
- "Miyapur turns into a virtual gas chamber". Hyderabad: The Hindu. 28 November 2012.
- "AP Pollution Control Board Report" (PDF). APPCB Report.
- "Environment report slams Hyderabad". Hyderabad: postnoon. 7 June 2013.
- "Consultants of storm water drains yet to submit final reports". The Hindu (Hyderabad, India). 9 November 2011.
- "De-silting of stormwater drains by month-end". The Hindu (Hyderabad, India). 3 May 2013.
- "Consultants of storm water drains yet to submit final reports". The New Indian Express (Hyderabad, India). 17 June 2013.
- "Bumpy rides ahead for techies". postnoon (Hyderabad, India). 19 June 2012.
- "GHMC cautions people against buying land in Hafeezpet". The Hindu, Hyderabad (Hyderabad, India). 28 May 2013.
- "Govt to reclaim usurped land in city". The Times of India, Hyderabad (Hyderabad, India). 23 June 2013.
- "Andhra govt to shift polluting industries from Hyderabad". Business Standard, Hyderabad. 4 March 2013.
- "The man who's cleaning up India's dirty lakes". The Times Of India, Hyderabad. 24 May 2013.
- "Speed limit on Outer Ring Road from today". The Times Of India, Hyderabad. 19 Jan 2014.
- "Inter-city bus terminal to be developed as 1 lakh sft facility". The Hindu (Chennai, India). 8 June 2011.
- "HMDA nod to inter-city bus terminus". The Times of India, Hyderabad. 17 January 2012.
- ICBT tender document.
- "Growth engines held up on the highway". The Hindu, Hyderabad. 17 March 2013.
- "At last, Miyapur bus terminal to take off". The Times Of India, Hyderabad. 29 March 2013.
- "Clarification by R&B official". The Times of India, Hyderabad. 11 July 2012.
- Chaos, negligence on Miyapur - Kukatpally road angers residents
- Office of the Chief Minister, Government of Andhra Pradesh, India
- CM to start road works on 1st
- Miyapur-Hafeezpet road (upcoming, see HMDA masterplan 2031)
- HMDA Master Plan 2031
- "Move over RRR on its way". The Hindu, Hyderabad. 2 January 2013.
- "Nagole depot renamed". The Hindu (Chennai, India). 28 November 2011.
- Hyderabad Metro Rail
- Indian Railways
- "Welcome to GMR Rajiv Gandhi Hyderabad International Airport at Shamshabad - Ranked 2nd best airport in the world". hyderabad.aero. Retrieved 19 January 2014.
- "Hyderabad airport set to become air passenger hub, pips Nagpur". indianexpress.com. 4 February 2012.
- "Unrecognised schools in Ranga Reddy district asked to shut down". The Hindu, Hyderabad (Hyderabad, India). 8 June 2013.
- Education hub bachupally beckons buyers
- North Indians make beeline for Chandanagar
- Location makes Hafeezpet a honeypot for buyers
- KPHB Colony: Emerging hub of Hyderabad
G.Vijay: “Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals in South India: Sun-Rise Industrialisation or Global Cost Shifting of Dirty Goods Manufacturing”, in Hans Lofgren and Prakash Sarangi (eds) (2009) The Politics and Culture of Globalisation: India and Australia, Social Science Press, New Delhi.
G.Vijay: 'Other side of Industrialisation’, in D’Souza Rohan (ed.,) (2012): Environment, Technology and Development; Critical and Subversive Essays, Orient BlackSwan, Economic and Political Weekly and Tata Institute of Social Sciences; New Delhi.
G.Vijay: ‘Systemic Failure of Regulation: The Political Economy of Pharmaceutical and Bulk Drug Manufacturing’ in Hans Lofgren (ed) (2013)The politics of the pharmaceutical industry and access to medicines : world pharmacy and India, Social Science Press, New Delhi.
Text is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.